Price 1 AdultZAR 6200.00
Price 2 AdultsZAR 9080.00
Price Per Extra Adult More Than 2ZAR 3750.00
Hot air balloon ride over the Cradle of Humankind
Experience the Cradle of Humankind from above with a hot air balloon ride! Cameras are essential as you get to witness the unbeatable African sunrise with magnificent views of the Magaliesberg Mountains and surrounding areas. Perhaps spot a few animals and see some of the areas other attractions from above.
We have put together a package that includes:
- Pick up and drop back at your hotel or airport in Johannesburg or Pretoria with qualified guide who has years of experience in the area,
- A hot cup of tea, coffee and hot out of the oven muffins, served from restaurant prior to your flight at sunrise,
- The flight of about one hour over the Magalies River Valley – an area that offers some of the best ballooning weather in the world,
- A glass of sparkling wine on landing whilst the crew pack up the balloons,
- A breakfast served on the patios of the fully licenced restaurant on site which has views of the Magalies Mountains,
- As well as a “Citation for Bravery”!
Extended day, combine with one or more of the many regions attractions
Within easy reach of the Cradle of Humankind are most of the region’s major attractions. So, while in the area it is wise to consider adding some of them in combination on a day or two or three outings. Consider staying in the area rather than in central Johannesburg and you are welcome to consult us for recommendations at various levels of affordability.
Combine with any one of the following Elephant Sanctuary, Rhino and Lion Park, Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre, Lion and Safari Park, Lesedi Cultural Village, Sterkfontein Caves and Fossil Centre, Maropeng, Drive through Magaliesberg Mountains and around Hartebeespoort Dam scenic area with visit to the Chameleon Market (Africa’s biggest craft market). Final price of a combined tour will depend on venues chosen as entrance prices vary and standard day tour is 8 hours and extra hours will be added at going rate of ZAR200 per person per hour.
There are many excellent restaurants and hotels in the region. So why stay in the traffic? Contact us about attractive stays.
All tours conducted by fully qualified English speaking tour guides in approved vehicles. Other language guides on request
Pick up and drop anywhere Jo’burg/Pretoria/Airport.
Groups of 4 or larger please contact us for a quotation.
- Total refund of Balloon ride fare if “no fly” (“no fly’s” occur when wind or weather conditions do not allow for take-off, or minimum of 2 participants not available)
- If “no fly” announced the morning of the flight after arrival at the launch site then trip will be converted to a suitable day trip on our Day Trips and Adventures and the difference in cost refunded to you, in this case we would recommend a trip that is close by, examples would be Elephant Sanctuary, Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre, Pilanesberg Day Trip, Rhino And Lion Park or Ukutula Walk with Lions.
- If “no fly” notice is given the day before then complete refund is given unless you wish to book a replacement trip from our Day Trips and Adventure then you will get a refund in line with cost adjustment
Free Mineral water included on all our trips!